Nuff Said!

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Interviews! Humbug!

Yesterday I listened to Dennis Miller's interview of Wilson and Hitchens on his radio spot. I enjoy Miller a great deal but I was disappointed, yet not surprised, at how quickly the interview was over with very little being said. Hitchens did most of the talking because that is what he does. He's bombastic and is not interested in listening at all. It is easy to get frustrated over the fact that Doug was almost shut out of most of the conversation, but as I think it over, it is actually very strategic on Doug's part to remain meek (term used in ancient times to refer to a tamed wild horse)  in all of this. By giving Hitchens the mic in these venues, Doug is allowing Hitchens the opportunity to draw the unbeliever in so that he would want to hear the argument at length and watch the movie where Doug has a better opportunity to explain the truth. I salute Doug's patience. I would be grinding my teeth.

No comments: